観音寺トップへ

茨城県潮来市
真言宗豊山派 瑠璃光山
観音寺

文字サイズ 標準拡大

About 観音寺について観音寺について

瑠璃光山観音寺は、大同2年(807年)筑波山別当であった法相宗の徳一大士により開創されました。当初は現在地の西方、尾ノ詰(おのづめ)の台地に建立されましたが、幾度の大火により移転を余儀なくされ、観応2年(1351年)、時の領主藤原国安が除地五石を寄附し、乗印僧都が現在の上戸の地に再建しました。地域でも最古の歴史と高い寺格を有する寺院でございます。
山門、薬師堂、鰐口などの価値ある文化財を寺宝として有し、また平安時代の女流歌人・小野小町が参籠して眼病平癒の御利益を得たという説話も伝えられております。

Rurikozan Kan-nonji was originally built in 807(Heian period),by the monk Tokuitsu of Hosso. It was originally in a different location within this area called Onozume,and had been destroyed many times by fire. So, in 1351(Nambokucho period),the lord of the manor Kuniyasu Fujiwara donated the land that was exempt from taxation,and the monk Jo-in reconstructed this temple from its old style,in a present place Uwado. It has the oldest historical background in this city,and has many cultural assets(a gate,a hall of Yakushi,a statue of Fudo,and Waniguchi). Legend has it that Ononokomachi who was a famous Tanka poet in the Heian period recovered her eye disease fortunately due to visiting it and praying.